Sel Roti Recipe
Sel Roti is a traditional Nepali dish prepared during festival seasons like Dashain and Tihar.
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. Upakar Sunflower Oil /Upakar Ghee
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. Upakar Atta/rice flour if the batter is thin (liquid)
- Soak Upakar rice overnight.
- Drain out water
- Put rice in mixer grinder along with sugar and ghee.
- Grind for about 3-4 minutes until it becomes paste.
- If the batter is too liquid, add 1 tbsp. of rice flour.
- Cut the top portion of a plastic bottle to drop batter.
- Add oil 1/2 inch in a pan and heat.
- Drop the batter in oil making round circle.
- Fry until golden brown.
Sel rotis are mouth-watering and can be enjoyed by themselves as a decadent snack. You could also enjoy them along with yogurt, hot beverages and fried vegetables. It is said to be best when eaten fresh, and becomes chewy and tougher the longer it is kept. So you need not require to wait and have your evening meal ready within no time and ready to eat and have your stomach full.